Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Product review: StickerKid - Personalized Name Labels & Stickers For Kids


Something interesting arrived in the mail a few weeks ago.

I was delighted to receive a Swiss-made customised gift package from StickerKid, a company dealing with unique and premium quality stickers to identify your child's belongings.

Spearheaded by a Swiss-German couple, StickerKid was established in 2004. 'Label everything you love'  is the motto behind StickerKid. With their well-crafted & durable labels, they make sure innocent mix-ups are avoided, personalized products stand out and everything returns home.

These are some of the attributes of their products,


Impressive eh?

The package I received consisted of the following labels and stickers:

1. Small stickers which are suitable for toothbrushes, pencils, eyeglasses or other thin items


I chose bright pink as the background color for these stickers.

The application is simple. All you have to do is place the sticker on a clean and dry surface avoiding any air bubbles between the sticker and the object. These labels stick on glass, plastic, metal and wood but are not suitable for clothes or fabric.


Keep in mind that you have to wait 24 hours before placing the labelled item in the dishwasher, microwave or freezer for the first time.

2. Shoe stickers designed to fit snugly into shoes thanks to their shape, with three lines of text plus a logo 


The good thing about these stickers is there is an option to include a contact number in case the little one(s) gets lost *shudder*

Note: I've blanked out the number just for the sake of maintaining privacy.

3. Iron-on labels for clothes - removable


These labels are rather plain looking when compared to the others but since they go on the inner aspect of the clothes, I guess it isn't that important.

These labels can be easily applied with an iron heated to 180 deg C. You have to place the label on the fabric and protect it with baking paper before ironing. Press the iron on the baking paper/label for 30 seconds.

You need to wait 48h before the first wash. If the label does not hold, your iron was probably not hot enough. The labels can also be removed by reheating which is convenient if you are going to pass on the clothes to a sibling or another child.

So why do you need stickers like these in your child's life? Allow me to share my two cents on this.

Kids are notorious at losing and forgetting things. You may notice that a shoe is missing, a bottle or two suddenly goes missing, a toy that you could have swore you saw a minute ago has disappeared - this is a familiar predicament for parents. At home, they will still turn up eventually but when it happens when your kids are at daycare/school, the pool or the playground (basically any place teeming with kids), it can be quite a nuisance and there is no telling whether you will get it back. 

Isn't it useful if you have distinct labels that stays on your child's clothing or food containers despite running several cycles in the washing machine or dishwasher respectively? The iron-on labels from StickerKid can withstand 60 wash cycles at 45 degrees (and can be easily removed). That's pretty hard-core right? And it's even better when you can customize the labelling to choose the colour, font and in the case of certain labels, even insert a fun logo of your little one's choice. Unique labels of top quality that come in handy for parents, teachers and kids – a concept that is hard to resist.

Ordering the products is a cinch. It can be completed in 3 simple steps:

1. Choose a product - You can choose from a wide range of products such as name labels, clothing stickers, shoe stickers, identification bracelets, gift labels, door labels, posters or value packs

2. Make it your own - Depending on the product, you can choose the text, font, color or logo to customise. It is possible to even have your child's Chinese name.

I had a lot of fun during this part of the ordering.




3. Place your Order - Correctly fill in your personal particulars including your mailing address, choose the payment method, review your order, check the terms and conditions and hit 'Place Order Now'. After that you are done. 

Easy peasy right?

I received the products last month but I waited to post the review because I wanted to make sure that the labels were easy to apply and if they really were microwave, refrigerator, washing machine & dishwasher safe. I ran the labelled clothing through the washing machine several times and tested the labelled food containers in the microwave, fridge and the dishwasher. I can wholeheartedly vouch for the quality and durability. The stickers really are that good. My kids are still little so they weren't able to contribute to personalizing the labels with me but if you have older kids, I am quite sure you will have a blast selecting colours and designing the labels. Moreover, I checked out the prices on their website and I found them to be very affordable.

Being mom to twin girls, I have to buy two of everything. In order to avoid mix-ups I usually buy items of different colours or patterns for my girls. I seldom dress them in similar outfits - even though they are twins, I respect their individuality so most of the time, I prefer to dress and accessorize them differently. As their mom, I am accustomed to the colour-coding but when there is someone apart from myself who enters the picture to help out with babysitting duty, I have to step in and explain it to them. And more often than not, my girls end up with items such as clothing or toys (most commonly received as gifts) that are EXACTLY the same. Now the system to segregate such items is something even I have not figured out yet. So, although my girls are not yet going to daycare, labelling their belongings is something that I definitely would have had to consider.

My tentative plan is to send my girls to play school after they turn 18 months old and I am so glad I got to try these wonderful products early on. Although I definitely would have labelled their belongings, I wonder if I would have given it serious thought. I have a label maker at home which I have previously used to label the names of ingredients that I've stored in jars and bottles in the fridge and pantry. But they are plain, tacky and do not last especially after a run in the dishwasher. And I certainly wouldn't have been able to use them on clothing or shoes. I doubt I would have had more luck with store-bought regular stickers either. When I think about preschool, I know I will have to set aside school bags, jackets, food containers, snack bags, diaper bags, shoes, spoons, bottles and such. Now I can be sure that when I pack my girls off to daycare equipped, with all their nicely labelled belongings, the chances of a mix-up will be minimized. That's one less thing for me to worry about.

The kind folks at StickerKid have offered a special deal for my blog readers too. Get a 10% discount on all purchases with the following discount code:

StickerKid10SG_29CU

Do check out www.stickerkid.sg to order custom-made labels & stickers for all your child's belongings.


Happy sticking.


Cheers,
Megha


Disclaimer: I have been sponsored the labels by StickerKid for the purpose of this review. I have not received monetary compensation to write a positive review.  All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the most vital info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The site style is perfect,
    the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete

  3. Interesting content, which is very useful.

    Looking for customized labels for your business? Reach Sai Impression.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...