Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snapshots of my trip to India 2013


I'M BACK!

After a very eventful past month in India, I'm back to the grind. It feels good in a bittersweet sort of way. I'm looking forward to getting back to my usual and familiar routine of home-husband-work-friends-blog.

This post is just to share some pictures with you that I took on my recent holiday. I was mainly flitting between cities within my home state of Karnataka, starting with Bangalore and then heading off to Udupi, Manipal, Mangalore, Shimoga and then to Mysore along with a very brief visit to the neighboring state of Kerala.

The pictures you will see begin with a wedding in Udupi and move on from there to the beaches of Dakshina Kannada, some scenic spots in North Kerala and finally the Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary and Venugopalaswamy temple near my beloved Mysore.

A special word of thanks to my lil brother Samarth (those interested can check out his amazing photography at his Facebook page here) and my husband for taking some of the lovely photos in this post.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

My ancestral home decked up for a wedding

How's my mehendi?

The wedding mantap

Flower adorned palanquin

Beautiful decor

Freshwater river and the sea on either side

Maravanthe beach

Murudeshwara

Kasargod - Kerala

Bekal Fort

Bekal Fort

Cruising along the backwaters

Enjoying the sunset

Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary

Spoonbills

Marsh crocodile

Birdwatching

Enjoying the scenic boat ride

Venugopalaswamy temple

Under restoration

Front view

View of the back
View of KRS backwaters from outside

Wildlife at KRS backwaters

King of the skies

The last photo is one that is most special to me and one of the highlights of my visit to Mysore - my best four-legged friend and faithful companion for the past 12 years, my dear dog Polo. He is an old fella now but my love for him has only grown with time.

Thinking of you fondly Polo 💖 



That's all from me today.


Take care


Cheers
Megha

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...